Sep 18, 2008

WE ARE FINALLY HERE!!

Yes, yes, yes....I finally did it, Lori, Kim, Ally, Steph, Allyson...thanks to all of your pushing and pulling and good examples...(especially Allyson for getting me all set up) we finally have the Jenn and Dan Davis family blog up and running! WooooHooooo! Hurrah!
Here's the deal: I'm not so sure that this will be as witty and entertaining as some, but I WILL try to put as much fun, excitement and silliness into it as I possibly can...that being said...hmmm, where to begin....I guess that would be that school has finally begun as you all know, and boy, this year is a whole new experience, especially for Jackson and I! This year Jackson started Kindergarten, and it's all day, so he gets on the bus at 7:35 AM, and gets home around 3:45pm--WOW, I can't tell you how much I haved missed having that guy around! He is learning so much though, and I am really happy with his teacher "Miss Rachel". The other day, out of nowhere he says to me "I love Miss Rachel"!!! If you know our Buddy....that's a huge deal! That first week of school mornings was so comical, this is about how it went:
Me: "Jackson, take your swimming suit off, and get dressed, Gracie, PLEASE get up, get dressed, Honey, get up and make Buddy take his swimming suit off"
"Gracie, take your flip flops off and put on the shoes I put out for you on, PLEASE"
"Jackson, eat faster, the bus is coming, where is your backpack, I put it right here last night"......(run down the stairs, get it)
"Gracie, where are your new school supplies? I put them in your backpack last night"...(run down stairs and get them)
"Honey, take Jacksons swimming suit out of his backpack"
"Gracie you can't take your webkinz to school...".......................etc, etc, etc............................
Anyway, it probably isn't that comical to anyone else but me, and actually wasn't that funny during the first week, but looking back now that we have our routine running smoothly...well, it's kinda funny....
So, now I have a whole new day with both kids gone, and I am finding my way, and staying pretty busy actually, just as my mom said I would! I am still doing a little bit of hair here and there, I also get to watch my cute niece twice a week, and I have the privilege of teaching for half an hour in Gracie's class every Wednesday afternoon, for which I prepare the lesson each week, and love doing! Then when they get home from school, watch out....the craziness begins: Brownies, Tumbling, Soccer, Dance, Piano, Karate...etc
So I'm thinking that's a pretty good post to start with, I need to get down to uploading some more pictures now, and will post again hopefully tomorrow! **MWUAH**MWUAH** xxx

4 comments:

The Hendricks Family said...

Yay Jenn, I am so happy to see how much you have done since you left my mom's house. I am so glad that you are a blogging family now.

Unknown said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! What a week! Makes mine sound downright lazy...

Lori said...

Yay!!! Welcome! Welcome!! I love your kids, that's awesome about buddy!

Kim said...

It's about time jeez! JK!! I love that story about the kids going to school, how fun. I'll see you tomorrow...