Oct 10, 2008

Our Yearly Oktoberfest Trek

My goodness, it is fall already, I don't know about you, but our summer went by quickly..... Every year we go up to Snowbird to celebrate Oktoberfest. It's so much fun, the yummy german food, the music, the Polka dancing, the rides for the kids, and a nice autumn hike, really get you in the spirit of the season.
We haven't taken any recent rides up through the canyon's, so I wasn't sure if the leaves would be very colorful yet, but were they ever! Little Cottonwood was at it's finest! I don't remember the last time I've seen it this beautiful. All along the road people were stopped on the sides taking pictures of the mountainside! We had to do the same.

Here are the cutest German Polka-dancing kids you ever did see, and below posing with a gingerbread man in his little blue cottage!

3 comments:

The Hendricks Family said...

Wow that looks like so much fun. The mountains look beautiful. Cute pictures.

Lori said...

hmmm. German food. i'm salivating just thinking of it. yumm. your kids are darling, as always. :)

Sam and Josh said...

We were there too. A fun time and the mountains are always beautiful at that time of year. Now the ski season.